A Key Performance Indicator for any Team
Based on nearly two decades of research that was recently published in Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall’s book, 9 Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World, there are 8 statements that can measure the 5 aspects of work that matter the most for a team:
- voluntary turnover
- lost work days
- accidents on the job
- customer satisfaction
The 8 statements help a team leader understand each team member and their team’s overall engagement in the work that they do. How would you and your team members rank the following questions on a scale from 1 – strongly disagree to 7 – strongly agree?
- I am really enthusiastic about the mission of my company.
- In my team, I am surrounded by people who share my values.
- My teammates have my back.
- I have great confidence in my company’s future.
- At work, I clearly understand what is expected of me.
- I have a chance to use my strengths every day at work.
- I know I will be recognized for excellent work.
- In my work, I am always challenged to grow.
If you are in a Leading a Winning Team program with Cortex or have recently taken a DISC or other workshop, you may receive a quick survey containing these 8 questions for you to answer. This will help raise your awareness as
It is important to measure the responses to these statements frequently in order to identify when engagement is being affected and be able to pinpoint the triggering event that could have caused an uptick in the engagement rate or a slight downturn. Using data of this nature can help team leaders be more informed about the experience their team members are having and make slight modifications in behaviors or in the work environment to keep performance and customer satisfaction at the highest levels possible.