In a recent survey by Atlassian, 47% of respondents asserted that meetings were their #1 time waster at the office. They estimated that $37 billion is the salary cost lost on unproductive meetings. What’s worse is that the same people speak up in meetings while others stay silent. What we discovered, from observing our client’s meetings and holding hundreds of mock meetings in leadership classes we conduct, is that there needed to be a system to neutralize the behaviors of participants so that each person was able to be heard and understood, during the meeting – not after! In addition, the system needed to set ground rules for the communication that would occur in the meeting. Finally, there needed to be a way to identify what was on someone’s mind before they spoke so that the facilitator could take comments or questions in the order of importance to the impact of the meeting.
Sounds complicated, right? Nope. This simple system was developed so that any size meeting group could more effectively communicate with one another, quickly vote on items to gain consensus and even appreciate one another in a way that would bring out everyone’s highest level thinking.
Whether your group meets regularly or yours is a board that meets periodically, the new kit will help you make meetings more efficient and effective at reaching your richest outcomes.
Welcome to the Cortex Meeting Magic Toolkit©.
The kit contains:
- A free assessment for each kit that will determine your biggest strengths when working on a team and thinking through business challenges.
- 4 action cards:
- GREEN – indicates participant is ready is set to start or continue the meeting.
- YELLOW – indicates the participant has a question for a particular person or the group as a whole.
- WHITE – indicates that the participant has an idea to contribute to the discussion.
- RED – indicates that the participant has information that might be important to the discussion.
- 4 Team Strengths Cards
- Rules of Engagement card
- Card holder
- Container for materials
Contact us to find out how we can make your meetings more worthwhile and effective.
Contact Courtland James at [email protected] for more information.