Come with me to the no drama zone to kick off your work week right. Here are some quick tips to help you jumpstart your day with an injection of empowerment.
- ALARM – what is your alarm set to? A buzz, ding, ring? Become intentional about what your brain is first exposed to in the morning. Try setting your iPad or phone to be a something that triggers your prefrontal cortex. A flood of gratitude works well to immediately quiet the bully brain, as my new friend, Bud Pierce, calls it. Try this 7-minute gratitude meditation or simply ask yourself questions like:
What am I grateful for today?
Who I am grateful for today?
What material things am I grateful to have today?
Who can I show appreciation to this morning?
- DRINK – lots of water first thing when waking up. Your body has been dehydrated as you slept. Kick starting your brain with 16 oz. of water feels great.
- COLD – At the end of your nice, warm, soothing, shower kick that puppy to full boat cold. Yes, freezing cold. Tim Ferris, Tony Robbins, and many others have tested this and that slap of cold helps boost your energy level. WARNING: It takes a few days to not feel like you are being beaten tortured.
- BRAIN FOOD – Start with a boost of food for the brain. The brain loves the right kinds of protein, fish oil, spinach, almonds, blueberries. I’ll be on Good Day Virginia with a recipe for a Brain Smoothie tomorrow morning.
- STRETCH – your body. Get the blood flowing to your brain. A few minute routine of yoga can help you feel great as you slowly move and feed each part of your body with an infusion of the right types of chemicals that will help get you in alignment for the day.
Think all this it too much to do in the morning. EVERYTHING just described may take 2 minutes to set up (permanently) and about 9 minutes to execute. I promise you, this will make you money, reduce your stress, and help you focus your energy where it will matter the most – outside of the drama zone. You got this! Go forth and conquer the day, my friend. Let me know what you try from this list and how it goes.